Pick-Your-Own Strawberries Opens on Thursday June 17th!
The moment you have been waiting for is finally here! Our Pick-Your-Own strawberries will be opening Thursday June 17th! Pick-Your-Own will be provided in a modified format this year with guidance from the Government of Ontario, Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Durham Region Public Health and Berry Growers of Ontario. Face Masks are Mandatory! No Pets Please!
*Please use our temporary Pick-Your-Own Entrance that is on Raglan Road right by the Giant Pumpkin & exit through the main market driveway* Once you have parked by white tent, please proceed to the tent to enter the strawberry patch.
Please do a self-assessment before you come to the farm. If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with a possible case – do not come to the farm.
Tuesday-Friday: 8am-5pm with LAST ENTRY at 4pm*
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 8am-4pm with LAST ENTRY at 3pm*
* There is no Pick-Your-Own on Mondays, holidays are an exception. As always, please note that the fields may be closed in times and/or following times of inclement weather.
Containers & Pricing:
PYO Strawberries will NOT be done by weight. It will be done by container.
Payment will be made before entering the field. Final sale, no refunds.
BRINGING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS IS NOT PERMITTED.
1L Quart – $5
3L Basket* – $15
5L Pail* – $25
*Baskets and Pails must be able to be held by the handle (handle must be attached).
Everyone aged 5-95 must purchase a container to enter the patch.
- Cash/Debit/Apple Pay/Google Pay
Groups of 6 or less immediate family members are permitted. If this poses a challenge to your immediate family, please call (905-655-6338) or send a message via Facebook.
There are no wagon rides to the patch. You will be walking a minimum of 10 minutes each way. This is a farm, there may be uneven terrain including rocks, holes & mud, please wear appropriate footwear. If you are not up for walking we have plenty of our own pre-picked berries available for purchase in the market!
Masks are Mandatory for everyone over the age of 5. Masks for children under the age of 5 are decided upon by the discretion of the parents/legal guardians.
- Absolutely no sampling or eating is permitted when you are in the patch. This is a tough one, but it is necessary due to Covid-19.
- Please wash your fruit at home before consumption.
- Absolutely no eating is permitted.
- Do your part to prevent food waste, please pick cleanly. Don’t leave a red berry behind!
- Children must remain with adults and be supervised at all times.
- Please stay in your assigned area, no row hopping.
- Please be courteous and respectful to other pickers and staff.
- Please physically distance yourself from other pickers and staff.
- When walking through the field, please do not enter areas where other crops are grown.
- Please sanitize your hands before and after you exit the field.
Anyone who is not following the rules will be required to leave.
Reminder that the Play Area and Animal Area are currently closed. We are hoping to open it during Phase 2.
Enjoy “picking your own” for strawberries and pumpkins or enjoy the convenience of pre-picked at Linton’s Farm Market when in season.