Enjoy “picking your own” for strawberries and pumpkins or enjoy the convenience of pre-picked at Linton’s Farm Market when in season.
PICK-YOUR-OWN STRAWBERRIES GUIDELINES
The moment you have been waiting for is finally here! Our Pick-Your-Own strawberries will be opening Friday June 26! PYO will be provided in a modified format this year with guidance from the Government of Ontario, Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Durham Region Public Health and Berry Growers of Ontario.
*Please use our temporary Pick-Your-Own Entrance that is on Raglan Road right by the Giant Pumpkin & exit through the main market driveway* Once you have parked, please proceed to the tent to enter the strawberry patch.
Please do a self-assessment before you come to the farm. If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with a possible case – do not come to the farm.
Tuesday July 7 & Wednesday July 8: 8am-12pm (MORNING ONLY)
As always, please note that the fields may be closed in times and/or following times of inclement weather.
Containers & Pricing:
PYO Strawberries will NOT be done by weight. It will be done by container.
Payment will be made before entering the field. Final sale, no refunds.
BRINGING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS IS NOT PERMITTED.
1L Quart – $5
3L Basket* – $15
5L Pail* – $25
*Baskets and Pails must be able to be held by the handle (handle must be attached).
Everyone aged 5-95 must purchase a container to enter the patch.
- Cash/Debit/Credit/Apple Pay/Google Pay
Groups of 5 or less immediate family members are permitted. If this poses a challenge to your immediate family, please call (905-655-6338) or send a message via Facebook.
There are no wagon rides to the patch at this time. The current patches are close by. This is a farm, there may be uneven terrain including rocks, holes & mud. If you are not up for walking we have plenty of our own pre-picked berries available in the market!
- Absolutely no sampling or eating is permitted. This is a tough one, but it is necessary due to COVID-19.
- Please wash your fruit at home before consumption.
Masks are appreciated in the field.
- Absolutely no eating is permitted.
- Do your part to prevent food waste, please pick cleanly. Don’t leave a red berry behind!
- Children must remain with adults and be supervised at all times.
- Please stay in your assigned area, no row hopping.
- Please be courteous and respectful to other pickers and staff.
- Please physically distance yourself from other pickers and staff.
- When walking through the field, please do not enter areas where other crops are grown.
- Please sanitize your hands before and after you exit the field.
Anyone who is not following the rules is required to leave.
Reminder that the Play Area and Animal Area are currently closed.